Our 24 boys and girls Travel teams compete in LIJSL and NYCSL, which are the prevalent leagues in our area. We have multiple teams playing in the top Divisions in those leagues along with mid level and lower level teams, which creates the opportunities for kids at all levels to develop and compete.
Our Intramural Program runs in the Fall, Winter and Spring with Players seperated by grade. Players train 1x per week (in developmentally appropriate environments), under the purview of our Professional Training Staff.
Zero Tolerance Policy
All players, coaches, parents, referees and spectators are expected to demonstrate “sportsmanlike” behavior before, during and after games, scrimmages and practices. The Club has adopted a “Zero Tolerance Policy” towards verbal or physical abuse or harassment by anyone involved in the club in any capacity.
Severe penalties including seasonal suspension may be incurred by anyone demonstrating inappropriate behavior as deemed by the Board members of the Club.
As a member of the Great Neck Soccer Club I pledge to:
- Come to all practices, training sessions and games prepared to play, ready to listen and equipped with a ball, shin guards, water and appropriate dress / uniform.
- Be respectful to all players on my team and other teams.
- Be respectful to all coaches and referees.
- Refrain from using abusive and/or taunting language while at practice, before, during and after a game.
- Refrain from physical abuse of other players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators while at practice, before, during and after a game.
- Support the team and other teammates by following the game while on the sidelines.
- Take pride in the Jersey that you wear and demonstrate kindness, sportsmanship and leadership within the community.
As a parent of a Great Neck Soccer Club player, I pledge to:
- Support my child’s efforts to be on time and be prepared for all practices, training sessions and games.
- Calmly watch the play and not shout instructions to my child or other players.
- Not question the calls of the referee or the actions of the coach.
- Provide encouragement to my child and all team players.
- Be respectful of all players on my child’s team and opposing teams, coaches and referees.
- Discuss all issues with my child’s coach privately and at a time away from the game.
- Refrain from unsportsmanlike and poor parenting behavior including verbal or physical abuse of players, coaches, referees and other spectators at practice, before, during and after games.
As a parent of a Great Neck Soccer Club player, I agree to review these guidelines with my child and to abide by the guidelines as listed.