GNSC Travel Program - FALL 2023/SPRING 2024 EVALUATIONS
The Great Neck Soccer Club, one of Long Island’s premier soccer programs, has been showcasing competitive boys and girls travel soccer teams since 2000.
Starting the week of May 29th the Club will be holding evaluations for our Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Girls and Boys Travel Soccer Teams. The Club's intention with these evaluations is to add travel ready players to our Girls and Boys Travel Teams.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Any player NOT on a current GNSC Travel Team roster, who wishes to be evaluated for a GNSC Travel Team, must be registered on or before May 29th in order to participate in the evaluations.
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE GROUP FOR MY CHILD?
Travel Soccer Teams are broken up by age groups (ex: U8, U9, U10), which are based on a player’s birth year (ex: 2015, 2014, 2013 etc.). Determining the age group your son/daughter would qualify to play in this Fall is simple: Year Season Ends (2024) – Your Son/Daughters Birth Year = Eligible Age Group. For example, if your son/daughter is born in 2015 they would qualify to play on a U9 team this Fall: 2024 (Year Season Ends) – 2015 (Player’s Birth Year) = U9 Age Group.
The Club reserves the right to combine age groups (as needed) to ensure there are a sufficient number of players.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE EVALUATIONS?
These are the final evaluation dates for the players interested in playing Travel Soccer this Fall.
|BOYS AGE GROUPS|
|Birth Year||Fall 2023 Age Group||DATES||TIME||FIELD|
|2016||BU8||Evaluation Sessions Complete||N/A||N/A|
|2015||BU9||Tuesday: June 13th||4:30 - 5:45||Kings Point Park (Red Brook Road)|
|2014||BU10||Monday: June 12th||4:30 - 6:00||Allenwood Park|
|2013||BU11||Wednesday: June 14th||4:30 - 6:00||JFK Elementary School|
|2012||BU12||Monday: June 12th||6:30 - 8:00||JFK Elementary School|
|2011||BU13||Thursday: June 15th||6:30 - 8:00||Memorial Field|
|2010||BU14||Wednesday: June 14th||6:30 - 8:00||GNN Middle School (Beach & Polo)|
|2009||BU15||Thursday: June 15th||6:00 - 7:30||GNN Middle School (Beach & Polo)|
|2008||BU16||Tuesday: June 13th||7:30 - 9:00||Kings Point Park (Red Brook Road)|
|2007||BU17||Thursday: June 15th||6:45 - 8:15||GNN Middle School (Beach & Polo)|
|2006||BU18||Thursday: June 15th||6:45 - 8:15||GNN Middle School (Beach & Polo)|
|GIRLS AGE GROUPS|
|Birth Year||Fall 2023 Age Group||DATES||TIME||FIELD|
|2016/2015||GU8/U9||Evaluation Sessions Complete||N/A||N/A|
|2014/2013||GU11||Tuesday: June 20th||4:30 - 5:45||Kings Point Park (Red Brook Road)|
|2012/2011||GU13||Tuesday: June 13th
Thursday: June 15th
|7:00 - 8:30||Kings Point Park (Red Brook Road)|
WHAT IS YOUR EVALUATION METHODOLOGY?
All evaluations will be conducted by the Club’s Professional Trainers, who will assess players on a scale of 1 (Struggled) to 5 (Excelled), versus their peers, based on the following attributes: Coachability - A player’s ability to absorb and execute instructions; 1v1 Skills - A player’s ability to attack/defend in a match-up against another player; 3v3 Skills - A player’s ability to attack/defend in a small-sided game environment.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF MY CHILD HAS MADE A TEAM?
Players will be notified by the Club, NO LATER than June 20th, regarding their status for a given Age Group/Team.
WHAT IS THE EXPECTED COMMITMENT FOR A TRAVEL PLAYER?
All selected Travel program players are expected to commit to full participation in the Travel program as outlined below:
Pre-Season Training Camp
- August 2023 Camp: All players must attend the Club’s summer training camp, which will be held the last week of August. Training sessions run (3) hours per day, are held at various fields in and around Great Neck and are run by a Professional Trainer assigned to the team.
- Fall: All teams participate in (2) 90-minute outdoor training sessions each week. All sessions commence in early September and continue through mid-November and are run by a Professional Trainer assigned to the team.
- Winter: All teams participate in (1) 90-minute indoor training session each week at various Great Neck School District indoor gym facilities. All sessions commence in January, run through mid-March, and are run by a Professional Trainer assigned to the team.
- Spring: All teams participate in (2) 90-minute outdoor training sessions each week. All sessions commence in mid-March and continue through mid-June. All training is conducted by a Professional Trainer assigned to the team.
- Fall: Games begin in early-September and continue through mid-November. Teams typically compete in (8) League Games, a Cup Competition, a Labor Day Tournament and a Columbus Day tournament. All games are run by a Professional Trainer assigned to the team.
- Winter: Some teams choose to participate in various Winter Soccer Leagues on Long Island. However, this is an optional activity and funded separately by each team.
- Spring: Games begin in mid-March and continue through mid-June. Teams typically compete in (8) League Games, a Cup Competition and a Memorial Day tournament. All games are run by a Professional Trainer assigned to the team.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST
The cost of participation in the Travel Program typically runs around $1,500, which covers the team’s Professional Trainer, the team’s League Fees, the team’s Tournament/Cup Fees, the team’s Insurance Costs, the Team’s Field/Gym use, etc. In addition, each player is responsible for acquiring a Team Kit (Green Adidas Jersey, White Adidas Jersey, Green Adidas Shorts and two pairs of Green Adidas Socks), which runs between $120 and $130.
While funding is provided solely through participating families, no child will be refused entry to the Club’s Travel Program for reasons of need. As such, payment schedules as well as financial support is available to those who qualify.
For more information please contact our Director of Coaching, Mike Mordocco firstname.lastname@example.org.